B. Nail Acid-Base pH Test Strips
With the B. Nagel Acid-Base pH Test Strips you can easily find out what the pH value in your urine is. The pH value of your urine says a lot about the pH values in the rest of the body, since the kidneys play a major role in maintaining the pH in the blood. They do this by excreting substances that make the blood acidic or basic. By excreting these substances the pH of your urine changes.
For a reliable test result it is best to perform a test with the B. Nagel Acid-Base pH Test Strips 3 to 4 times a day. Note: only use each strip once.
To interpret the home test, you can contact your doctor or another expert.
Content B. Nail Acid-Base pH Test Strips
- 100 test strips
- 1 table booklet
- 1 color spectrum
Use B. Nagel Acid-Base pH Test Strips
- Collect a little urine in a clean cup.
- Tear a test strip from the book with dry fingers.
- Hold the test strip in the urine for approximately 1 second.
- Shake off the excess urine from the test strip.
- Read the result within 2 minutes using the supplied color spectrum.
- Write down the results in the supplied table booklet.
- Dispose of the used test strip with the rest of the household waste.
The acidity of the blood
Too high acidity of the blood
Too high an acidity of the blood or acidosis can be caused by many different things. Examples of causes of acidosis are:
- Too much intake of an acid substance
- Too much intake of a substance that is converted into an acid (methanol, aspirin)
- Metabolic abnormalities
- A poorly treating type 1 diabetes
- Lung damage
The symptoms that indicate a too high acidity of the blood are usually the following:
- Disturbed breathing
- Passing away
Too low acidity of the blood
Too low an acidity of the blood or alkalosis can be caused by many different things. Examples of causes of alkalosis are:
- Loss of too many acids (vomiting)
- Taking too many base substances (baking soda)
- Loss of too much potassium
- Use of moisture-wicking agents
- Use of corticosteroids
The symptoms that the blood acidity is too low are usually the following:
- Muscle contractions
- Being light in the head
- Pass out
- Stinging sensation in arms and / or legs